Bioidentical Hormones for Women
If symptoms of menopause or hormone imbalances are disrupting your life, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help you take it back. Monica Valenzuela, D.O. is an Upland California Menopause Specialist who works with women in the San Bernardino County area to alleviate the symptoms of menopause and hormone imbalance.
Age-Related Hormone Changes
Menopause is no longer the embarrassing, taboo topic that it once was. Aging is a natural process that comes with expected and manageable changes to our body chemistry. Today, women are able to take back control of their body chemistry and effectively manage the symptoms of menopause and hormone imbalances with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, also known as BHRT.
Hormones relay some of the most important biochemical messages throughout our bodies. They play critical roles in menstrual and ovulation cycles, as well as other essential functions, such as keeping bones strong and healthy, stabilizing mood, cushioning our response to everyday stressors, weight management, building muscle and regulating libido.
Many women begin noticing the symptoms of perimenopause as early as their 30s, and the sudden change in body chemistry can be a lot to deal with. The severity of symptoms may be amplified due to years of self-neglect while young, such as not getting adequate sleep, eating the wrong foods and prolonged periods of high stress. All of these can affect hormone production. Over time, these hormonal inconsistencies will only add to the difficulty in finding balance within the body. However, there are solutions.
No longer do women have to suffer the symptoms that accompany hormonal decline. Women are sharing their experiences and successes with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. BHRT can help to reverse years of neglect and give women a new lease on life.
What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
BHRT, or bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, is a therapy that utilizes natural hormones that are molecularly identical to hormones produced by the body. The goal of BHRT is to bring the body back into homeostasis by balancing those hormones that have become either deficient or dominant.
Bioidentical hormones are made from soy plants and wild yams. Because they are natural and structurally similar to those produced by the human body, the human body responds easily to them, readily absorbing them for a reliable and effective treatment. By replacing what your body has become deficient in through BHRT, you can soon regain hormonal balance and begin to feel better.
So many women who undergo bioidentical hormone replacement therapy claim to experience renewed energy and a new-found optimism and fervor toward life—some for the first time in years.
Bioidentical Hormones for Treating Menopausal Symptoms
To maintain physical and emotional stability, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy specialists use a combination of six crucial bioidentical hormones:
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): Produced by the brain in both men and women, this hormone aids in the production of vital sex hormones. Balanced levels of this hormone can assist in the fight against osteoporosis, depression and obesity.
- Estradiol: Produced by the ovaries, this is one of the most significant and noteworthy forms of estrogen. Deficiencies in Estradiol can lead to a host of difficult symptoms for women during perimenopause, as well as for menopausal and post-menopausal women.
- Estriol: Produced by the liver, this type of estrogen, when deficient, can be responsible for problems pertaining to dry skin, as well as urinary tract infections.
- Estrone: One of the weaker forms of estrogen, this hormone is related to unwanted belly fat that many women struggle to get rid of. Estrone replacement can aid in weight management and diminishing unwanted belly fat.
- Progesterone: During the second phase of a woman’s menstrual cycle, progesterone is released. It is also an aid in sustaining pregnancy. A progesterone deficiency can result in extremely heavy bleeding, irregular bleeding, spotting and even polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Testosterone: Both men and women produce testosterone. A deficiency in testosterone can affect libido, overall sense of well-being and energy levels.
Aging is inevitable. But, suffering the symptoms created by the hormonal imbalances that come along with aging is not. Women and men no longer have to face the pitfalls of midlife hormonal changes such as perimenopause, menopause, postmenopause, thyroid disease and stress-induced adrenal fatigue without effective solutions.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) utilizes bioidentical hormones to replace what your body has lost so that you can begin to naturally regain balance and quickly start to feel better. Soon you will experience renewed energy and relief from hormonal imbalances and the symptoms of menopause and perimenopause.
If the symptoms of menopause or hormone imbalance have taken over your life, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help you take it back.